13 May 2008

Sarah's Mother's Day Update:

Hi all:
I just thought I'd let you know that we got to talk to Brandon Sunday. He sounds like he is doing great. I really don't think he is homesick or having to hard of a time that way. They had a baptism Saturday and said it was great, despite the green water. It took them 3 hours to fill the font just to discover the font was either dirty or the water was bad. They didn't have time to change it so Patti was baptized in green water. A lot of ward members turned out in support.
It's sounds like he is having good experiences and enjoying the people. There mission area covers about 3 or 4 small towns but is only 1 ward so he always attends the same ward and is getting to know the members well. He may have a change though. Every 6 weeks, which is coming up Wednesday, they have a transfer. Either he or his companion will be transferred somewhere else. He's said he wasn't sure what he's wishing for.
His mission presidents time is almost up and they will receive a new president in six weeks. He did mention Josh last time he saw the President but it was in a hurried situation and not much was said (Josh Earl lived in Brandon's Presidents ward, he was also his stake president and was the one he interviewed with when Josh went out on his mission - small world).
Brandon sounds like he is keeping very busy. He is having some trouble keeping his blood sugars normal due to the unscheduled life but he is testing lots (21 times in one day last week) and assures us he will call his endocrinologist if he feels like it is getting too bad. One week they have a car and the next week they trade with some other Elders and use their bikes so activity levels are very different from week to week.
It's hard to remember what else was said. He sounds good. He sounds happy. He appreciates everyone's support.

3 comments:

Kjerstin said...

Yay! I bet that was a great mother's day! I'm glad he's doing so well! Thanks for the update!

Michelle said...

It was really nice to talk to him, I have always been a little maternal towards Brandon and sometime I just can't help worrying if he is doing alright. I love the reassurance. Just hearing him sound so much like...well...him. I love that guy SO much!!

catherine said...

how wonderful to hear how he's doing. A baptism! wonderful! 21 tests - yuuuuuck.
we sure pray for him daily.