Before I came home I decided that no matter what, I had to keep myself really busy. This was one of a TON of things that I had decided was essential to my sanity, and continual progression in life. So I've been busy, but it's been good. I got home on a Thursday, and chilled with my family that night, and also on Friday. Saturday my dad and I headed out to the lake, and I skied for the first time this year. I did surprisingly good considering how long it had been since I'd skid last, especially since I had the added pressure of my skiing taking place in a tournament, and lots of people watching and such. It was a lot of fun, and very good to see some familiar smiles.
By Monday I decided to go and visit everyone at the bank, and ended up leaving with a job. I used to do nightly information processing on their servers after business hours, but that job has been taken over. I'll just be helping with random things in the office during the day. It's kinda nice that after almost two years of working at a bank, I'll finally be working bankers hours.
On Tuesday I went down to visit my Grandma, and help her with some things around the house. It was nice to be able to spend some quality time with her, and get something productive done.
Tuesday night and Wednesday I started to look at some cars. I had been driving around in the Jeep, and the thought of gas prices, and the mileage that it gets was starting to eat at me. Plus I really just wanted something of my own to drive. Jared kindly offered to lend me the Yota for awhile, but I politely (without even considering it) declined his offer.
I think that it was Thursday that I went up to campus and got everything taken care of with regards to school this fall. I met with counselors, registration people, and also talked to the people who will help me pay for tuition (hopefully... I should know by tomorrow). I also called the bank and asked them if they'd help me out with getting a car...
I got a NEW 'Yota!! Okay, so it's not exactly new, it's an 05 Camry, but it's a heck of a lot nicer and newer than I thought it would be. These cell phone pictures aren't the greatest, but it's all I've got, so just pretend to be excited with me. Thanks. I didn't even last a day before I had to go spend some cash on a sweet little cable tha
t plugs into the back of my stereo. It just wasn't my car until I tore apart the dashboard and plugged in bPod. I also ended up spending even more money to get the windows tinted. But I think it's time to take a break from spending money for awhile... at least until I start getting paychecks.Since all of the settling in, and spending huge amounts of money, I've had time to settle in and start getting used to being home. I think I'm starting to get it. The diabetes has gotten a lot better in the past couple of weeks. It really helped to get back to work, and into a set schedule everyday, so hopefully it will keep getting better and better.
I had so many things that I wanted to write about, but now I can't really remember them. I think you should all just plan on seeing some really random stuff out of me in the next little while. My head has just barely stopped spinning (for the most part), so bear with me.

Oh! Some of my relatives from Vegas came up this week, and we all went down to Lagoon to do some hard core playing... it was tons of fun. Gotta love those roller coasters.
Well, I think that this one might be long enough... I commend any of you who actually made it through the whole thing without your boss seeing that you were looking at a blog instead of working.
Bye for now. I think I'll actually start posting on a regular basis instead of writing a choppy novel every two weeks.

4 comments:
Congrats on the new car b. hope everything is going well.
Ooooo....Nice tint! I can't wait to see it for real. Good post, I'm glad things are getting better. Keep smiling!
Brandon so glad to hear you are doing better. Love you lots.Aunt Ethel
my what a creative blog title you have!
Post a Comment