I think I'll take the "ramblings" part of this post's title to a new extent. So here's some pictures, and a few random thoughts.
Meet Steph. She's on the train. We've been friends for... a long time, I think something like 8 or 9 years now. We've been through thick and thin together and have learned a lot along the way. She was nice enough to let me come bug her for a weekend, and show me around the big city. I'm very glad that she knew her way around, and such. We had a blast.
Friday night we went to the top of the Empire State Building. I couldn't believe how many buildings and... just everything there was. It was very cold, and very cool up there.
Shopping in China Town was fun. I especially liked this guy's advertising.
We were supposed to go do baptisms at the Manhattan Temple on Friday night, but because of my delayed flight out of Atlanta, we didn't make it. We did go see it though. It was weird to see it, because I'm used to temples that have lots of landscaping, and that stand out for miles around. This was a wonderful sight to see in the city, though.
I loved being able to hop on the Subway to get anywhere you wanted to go. I was surprisingly impressed with the (what I thought was) efficient transportation of so many people, in such a crowded area.We got to see Stomp at the Orpheum, too bad Stephanie didn't meet the height requirement for the souvenir photo. It was starting to rain, so after one shot, we rushed off to find somewhere dry.
We didn't find anywhere dry. After awhile, we just started to enjoy the wandering in the rain. I'm pretty sure that a nice pair of Sketchers, and an even better pair of Rocket Dogs will never be the same. But it was well worth it.
Grand Central was PACKED with people. I just had to politely ask everyone to move for a sec so that I could get this picture.
Steph in Central Park.
Me in Central Park.
More of the Subway. I really liked it, almost a weird amount of liking. One of the times we were waiting for the train to come, I saw a real live New York City rat down on the tracks. I was very excited about it, and pretty disappointed that my camera wasn't ready to capture the (not so) little guy.
Well, the story about my being excited to see the rat wasn't exactly what I planned on ending this with, but I guess that's what I get for being excited to see a rat. I can't believe all of the things that I was able to see and do over the weekend. I'm leaving so much out of this post, but I think this will do for now. I feel so lucky that I was able to have such a great adventure. Thanks again to all of you that helped me make it happen. I'll never forget it.

11 comments:
We DID have fun, didn't we? Thanks for being so nice and not mentioning that I was ornery half the time! And hey! Great pictures! I'm happy to see that the mushroom hat really wasn't as bad as I thought. Ha ha! :) Thanks for coming, B. I enjoyed NYC more with you than I have with any other person! And that's saying something!
p.s. You forgot to say that you were trying to make me run in Central Park when I took that picture of you... ha ha! Sorry for being little miss slow poke that morning!!! EEK! :)
Little Bro,
I am very happy for you, these are the times of your life. Thanks for the pictures they were great. I cant belive that it was you in all those pictures of NYC, wow my little bro in the big city. Glad you had fun.
horay!! i have been waiting so eagerly to hear your ramblings of new york!! lets go to village inn or somthing one night when you get off work and ramble more about it over pie!! looks like you had fun!
I like the pie idea!
NY can be an exciting place. I miss it, even though I have only been there a couple of times.
Pie? I'm confused.
let me explain...you and i go eat some pie (hee hee it rhymes) and chat about new york. get it??
Oh. Duh.
Such fun to have been to NYC, you'll have to share it all, please. At least more for those (like me) who don't get to travel much!
Sounds like you had fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it! =] Nice pictures too!
Post a Comment